Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Labors of love

Today is Tuesday, how can the time be passing so quickly. We try not to think about it. We arrived early again but this morning most of the kids were lined up outside awaiting our arrival, what a heartwarming sight! I don't think my heart can hold all the love I am feeling. This morning was the unofficial first day of school at LaConcorde. It will not officially start until after the teachers arrive on Sunday. Ellisia first took the more advanced children. It was surprising to see the class was comprised of both older and younger children....it was done by aptitude not age. It was amazing to see how much they had already learned in math. They are very bright children....I must remember the promise I made to my husband when I left....no bringing a child home! But how could you even choose one, they are all so special! The remainder of the kiddos were taught next. Ellesia is very patient with them all, such a good teacher. I learned from our first group that the kids are fascinated by sunglasses so Marty, Diane and I brought them each their own pair. They looked so cool sporting their new shades. Katie and Carolyn gave them fun dinosaurs, what great fun! Late morning we started several projects that we had been assigned. We are thankful that the water issues have been repaired. So Denny and Ron worked on the soccer goal posts. Tom, Diane, Marty, Carolyn, Katie and I started clearing away a plot for the children's garden. Once cleared each child will plant their own plot. It was very hot and dirty work but it was a labor of love. Tom hacked away at the shin high weeds with a machette. The rest of us sat on our hineys in the grass. Well surprise imagine having a tarantella.crawl out from between your legs! It happened to Diane TWICE!!! and here I was looking for snakes. The few kids that were helping us came running at Dianes squeel. It was quite a sight! After we all calmed down it was time to leave for the day. Our ride home from one of the construction workers was done with country music blareing. Once again the pool felt so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment